Morning Skin Care Routine:
I don’t usually cleanse in the morning-instead I use a multitude of sprays and mists.
1. On my bare face I start with eye cream. Currently, I really love Origins Ginzing. I’ve had this mini forever. It has pinkish light reflecting brightening properties to conceal and caffeine to depuff.
2. I then spray copious amounts of Caudalie Beauty Elixir (CBE) followed by a spray or two of SK II treatment essence. I do like Cate Blanchett and decant into a spray bottle for easy application. (This step can be repeated throughout the day!)
3. Next is a serum cocktail-Vitamin C is probably one of the most important serums to use for hyper pigmentation and to combat free radicals during the day-I like Bakel’s new product Thio-C-it is a very stable form of Vitamin C. I follow this with a pump of one of my all time favorite products-Sunday Riley Good Genes- a light weight lactic acid exfoliator that gives good glow!!
4. Next is sunscreen-I have been pretty loyal to La Mer’s SPF 30- I like the consistency, it doesn’t leave any sort of white cast and it is emollient enough to double as a moisturizer.
5. At this point I usually would spray another mist of CBE followed by my primer cocktail-luminizer + facial oil (1 drop only) + primer. This creates the canvas for seamless makeup application and creates a lit from within glow. I go back and forth between Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow and Dior Glow Maximizer , it mixes well with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and the tiniest drop ever of Olio Lusso.
6. Next step is covering dark circles, redness and blemishes-on most days I do this with RMS “Un” Cover Up and I finish up with a few strategic pats of RMS Living Luminizer where light would naturally hit your face-this is a key product!! And end with a another mist of CBE and SK II!
Bonus step- By Terry Baume de Rose on lips and Byredo Gypsy Water roll-on oil for fragrance.
I just returned from a wonderful Maui vacation. Of course, it took all my restraint to narrow down my skincare necessities ( see my Maui Survival Kit here.) Even after paring down the basics, I ended up packing 4 different facial mists-I used them all and they all served a specific purpose.
This was my best friend on the flight over. My fiance didn’t love the scent every time I sprayed it (pretty much once an hour) but I didn’t waiver. My skin felt well hydrated and refreshed. Panacea,which means cure all, was the perfect choice in flight-aloe vera gel to soothe, and anti-oxidants to decongest. Note-this was the first time I flew with absolutely NO makeup on-which might be my new golden rule for flying. I also generously applied Rodin Olio Lusso after every spray.
This was part of my morning routine, pre-sunscreen. This particular elixir has 5 key ingredients which among other things, fights free radicals and strengthens skin’s protective barrier. I found this to be a perfect base layer for my serum and sunscreen. (sunglasses and dorky visor were also non-negotiable in my fight against hyper pigmentation.)
This was my daily refreshing spray at the pool and the beach. The aloe vera leaf juice and rose flower water were the perfect ingredients to refresh and hydrate throughout the day. I stashed it in the mini fridge overnight to keep it cool.
I used this mist at night, after applying my makeup to create that dewy, luminous complexion. I really liked using this as a supplement to my RMS Living Luminizer. The milky fluid is quite different from the other mists and it really does impart that healthy glow we all try to achieve.
Rick Owens designs furniture?? gorgeous. (via SOME/THINGS MAGAZINE / SECRET / AGENCY - BLOG)
(via ARCHIVE: Il Regalo)